The Law Office of David F. Rutledge, LLC handles a wide range of employment law claims on behalf workers throughout Louisiana including Lafayette, Lake Charles, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans. If you need an aggressive and experienced lawyer to handle your employment law issue then please give David F. Rutledge a call and schedule a free consultation.
The following is a list of the types of employment law claims handled by The Law Office of David F. Rutledge, LLC.
- Breach of Contracts: Do you have a contract that you believe might be in breach? Do you have an oil and gas agreement that provides you a royalty and believe your due royalties are not being paid in accordance with the agreement?
- Discrimination: Do you believe you have been discriminated against based on your sex, age, or race in the workplace?
False Claims Act: If you have knowledge of fraud (such as Medicare fraudulent billing or Construction fraud, etc.) against the United States Government, then the False Claims Act, 31 U.S.C. § 3729 et seq. and the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act, entitles you to file an action on behalf of the United States Government. If successful, you can be rewarded with 15% to 30% of the recovery by the United States Government plus attorney's fees, expenses and costs. The False Claims Act also provides redress to "any employee who is discharged, demoted, suspended, threatened, harassed, or in any manner discriminated against in the terms and conditions of employment", as well as protection under several other federal and Louisiana state statutes.
However, to be entitled to such rewards, you generally must be the FIRST party to file on behalf of the United States Government. Meaning, if two people have knowledge of fraud against the USA and both file lawsuits on behalf of the U.S. Government then whoever filed first generally is entitled to the award should the case be successful.
- Hostile work environment: Have you been the victim of racial or sexual harassment in the workplace?
- Retaliation: Has your employer retaliated against you after you reported discrimination, harassment, activity that shocks the conscious or any other illegal activity? Then you might have legal recourse.
- Unpaid wages: Has your employer failed to pay you for the work you have completed?
- Whistleblower retaliation: Did you do the right thing and reported illegal activity or activity that would shock the conscious and now your employer is retaliating against you? If so give me a call and let me discuss your matter with a free consultation.
- Wrongful termination: Have you been wrongfully terminated? Call me today and find out how I can help you.